Sunday, March 15, 2009

More Avery-isms

Avery is pretty much constantly saying funny, weird things. So I have to make sure I consciously save and re-tell some of them so we can remember this comedic phase.

Lately Avery has really enjoyed taking showers. And, as I was starting up a shower for her the other day she excitedly asked "Can I take a shower mom?!" "Yes, Avery, you can." "Oh mom! I can take a shower because I'm stinky . . like you!":

Avery is also queen of the bedtime delay tactics. I had some friends over to watch movies, so I was kind of hurridly getting her into bed. She wanted to stay up and was desperately trying to think of all sorts of things she needed or had to do before going to bed. So, we said a prayer, and I got her some water in the specific cup she needed, but she didn't want to water from the tap because that was "to brush teeth, " she wanted water from the fridge. "Avery, the water from the sink is just fine. It's time to go to bed. " "Okay mom, just . . .just . . . just . . . mom? What does water look like?"

It's also cute to play hide and go seek with Avery because she almost invariably hides under the covers of her or our bed, and then when you come into the room she starts laughing uncontrollably and says "I'm in here!"

A few weeks ago, Mike took Avery with him to our friend Kyle's coffee/snack stand and got Avery a "creamcicle" drink and himself a hot chocolate. So, yesterday, he takes Avery to lunch with Kyle and they stop by the stand and Mike orders a "creamcicle " drink again. Kyle asks if he wants anything else and Mike says, no, he'll just share with Avery. At this, Avery looks a little concerned and then says, half laughingly, "Dad, heh heh, you're supposed to get hot chocolate . . .like last time."

2 comments:

Cara said...

What a character! We miss you guys!

Leah Florence said...

Avery is so funny! You know what? she kind of reminds me of you! Like the old story of when you were little and Mom asked you to clean up but you didn't want to so you told her "I can't I'm thinking of Jesus"...like mother, like daughter, uh? Oh I miss you guys but I'll be seeing you soon and I can't wait to experience some Averyisms first hand. Love you