Friday, January 09, 2009

My birthday presents . . .

This past Wednesday was THE DAY. I've definitely noticed a change in the feel of birthdays since passing the 3-0 mark . . .they aren't as fun. BUT, despite the annual reminder that time ticks on relentlessly, there is something about your birthday day that still feels exciting. Just seeing "Jan 7" on the wall calendar at the bank produced a frisson of recognition. As my little sister reminded me, if I wasn't turning OLD (notice how I'm avoiding saying the exact number), I wouldn't have Avery and Elliot yet (and by extension, Mike as well!). And I'm so happy to have these three people in my life, as well as all my other family and good friends.

The pictures below are just some recent shots. Avery is wearing a dress my cousin crocheted for her - I know, amazing! And Elliot is being her usual, relaxed self.





No comments: