Thursday, January 15, 2009

Clarifications

I need to clarify, for Mike's sake, that my birthday was actually very nice and fun. My previous post was a reflection on the psychological impact of turning 31, NOT on the actual events of the day :) Mike made it a very fun day: He got up BEFORE work to make me breakfast. Then we went to sushi that night for dinner and went to see a movie, and Mike arranged the babysitting and everything. SUCH a wonderful husband. !

Lately, Avery has decided that she wants a pet. Never say never, but since neither Mike or I want pets (we actually DO NOT want pets), she has a hard sell. So, after running into a brick wall with direct requests, the other day Avery changed tactics. "Mom," she said, "I have a present for you. I'm going to get a pet for you." "Oh, thank you Avery, that's very nice." "Mom? Can we go to the store and get a pet for you?" On further pressing, Avery revealed that she wanted to get me a purple donkey to match some purple shoes she was also planning on giving me as a present. !

No comments: