Wednesday, October 29, 2008

HALLOWEEN PREP
We've been in full Halloween prep mode this past week. On Friday night, Avery went to a Halloween-themed birthday party where she decorated a pumpkin and bobbed for apples. Saturday morning, we went to a street pumpkin fair. Avery was a ballerina, I think, something reminiscient of the ballerina/princess genre :) They had a DJ who had the kids dance the hokey pokey and funky chicken and Avery LOVED IT! I had to take it easy with the funky chicken because Elliot was in sling around my shoulder; at least, that was my excuse to Avery when she was commanding me to "jump like this mom!"

There can't be many places in the country where you'd see this :)

That night was the ward Halloween party. Avery was Snow White and Elliot was her dwarf "sleepy." Dressing Elliot in orange and green didn't help with the general confusion around Elliot's name and her gender - but she mainly slept in the sling anyway, so it didn't come up TOO much. Avery's favorite game was the cake walk again. She won about 10 times, but never quite caught on that she, technically, could be taking a cupcake each time. I gave her one at the end of the party and she just licked all the frosting off anyway :)



Little dwarf Elliot Dee.



This past Tuesday, the girls and I went to a pumpkin patch. We've had a very busy week so Mike and I have split up the Halloween-prep duties. I went to the pumpkin patch and got the pumpkins and Mike carved them with Avery tonight. Anyway, the patch had an Alice in Wonderland themed corn maze. And, I was thinking about it, I don't think I'd ever been in a corn maze before! It was all I hoped it could be :)




Avery spontaneously posed with a display of muscle here. The maze was really cute with these pictures from Alice in Wonderland everywhere. I posted a video bit from our adventures below.




No comments: