Monday, July 15, 2013

Norah's 2nd birthday

Now that Norah is five, I thought I should finally post some pictures of her 2nd birthday. hehe. So, it's been awhile since my last post. Facebook, instagram, and other social media seems to be sounding the death knell of blogs. BUT, I watched a scary movie and I'm too scared to go to sleep, and I see that my family (hi family!) checks this occasionally, so I thought I'd put up some new pictures. The irony is that you've probably seen all of them on facebook already.
Norah had a butterfly theme for her birthday because she would yell "FLY!!!" everytime she saw a butterfly and I thought it would be fun to see how many times she would do that in one afternoon. Elliot helped make the invitations and we invited a few of our neighbors and held the party while my sister would be in town with her cute kids (and husband).

Norah opening presents on her ACTUAL birthday, which was a week or so before her birthday party. This is from Grandma and Grandpa Walker.

We tried "cake in a mug." High marks for novelty, not so much for taste, texture and edibility.

Some of the party celebrants with their butterfly artwork.

We rounded out Norah's birthday with a trip to Red Robin. I can't remember why we did this, actually, but I'm guessing that there must have been some reason like mom was too exhausted to cook anything. Norah loved it. She also likes to yell "BALLOONS!"

2 comments:

Daniel Cusworth said...

For those of us family members who do not have facebook (i.e. just me), the new photos are much appreciated!

Cara said...

I check your blog too. I will be a blogger to the bitter end. It is my family journal. I print out my posts and put them into books. My kids love to look at them and read them over and over. Don't give up. I'm still a fan. :)