So, I can't find my camera . . .it's in a netherworld with my phone charger. The last time I saw them I believe some very little person with a runny nose was taking them out of my purse. I'll probably find them stuffed in a drawer, cupboard or toy basket one of these days. Sorry for the lack of pictures until then.
In the meantime, Avery and Elliot are keeping us well entertained. Elliot's communication skills grow daily - she lets us know when she's "done," needs "more," and when she's had enough of us: "bye" (pronounced "baaaa" with a "tell it to the hand" wave). Her favorite thing is to be read to. She'll go over to her little shelf and peruse her collection of board books. Peruse is the best description because she runs her fingers over the spines, briefly pulling one out and then pushing it back in, until she finds the books she wants. She then brings it over and plops down in your lap. When finished, she gets up and goes to pick another book. She'll do this over and over again until the reader pleads exhaustion. And she's a real busy kid, always climbing, running, destroying. Always on the go.
Avery is in a deep thinker phase (please please let it be a phase). She constantly asks us questions that test our metaphysical limits. Today she says "Mom, do you like me?" "Yes, of course I like you. I love you Avery!" "I like myself too . . . some people don't like themselves." Where on earth did that come from?!
On a lighter note, she told me the other day "I can't whistle! Whenever I put on my whistle face I just spit!"
And we got a kick out of Avery's advice the other day. She asked me "Did you check your tummy today? Is there a baby in it? Remember what I said! When your tummy gets round, you have a baby in it!"
This is motivating me to get said tummy back into shape. I don't want to give the wrong impression :)
4 comments:
good luck with getting your tummy in back in shape. The other day Nathan and I were looking at pictures from last summer and Nathan asked if I was pregnant in one of the pics... I wasn't. Remind me to burn that shirt I was wearing. :)
haha! I love hearing these little stories!
xoxo
If I could pay to be a fly on your wall sometimes. Avery is hysterical!!
Cute girls! You've got to the love the adorable and hillarious things they say - I need to be better about writing them down like you! Hope you find your camera and cell phone charger - I finally had Andy buy me a watch for Christmas b/c that was the last memory I had of it - in the hands of Kassi and it had been about 8 months!
Post a Comment