Saturday, January 12, 2008

I know all my stories about Avery lately make me sound like a neglectful parent, but I think the truth is that Avery is cleverly learning the craft of parental manipulation. In any case, here's a new one:

This morning I was reading a book while Avery was variously watching cartoons and playing with toys. Occasionally, she'd come over and try to jump on my head (or something) and I'd shoo her away or try to get her REALLY interested in another toy, etc. So, finally, Avery comes over to me, and as I'm about to suggest that her dolly needs to change her clothes again, Avery says "mommy . . .I miss you." ! Naturally, that did it and we spent the next half hour putting the dolly's clothes on together. (Didn't that put a tear in your eye!). Anna's sales and persuasian skills must be floating around in the gene pool :)

2 comments:

Michael + Anna Costa said...

I love it!!

xo

Will & Cheyenne said...

You are a great Mom!