Having Avery in kindergarten has upped our game around celebrating holidays because her class will have a party and then Avery gets excited about doing something at home as well. So, this year we added St. Patrick's day and Cinco de Mayo to our celebration list. For Cinco de Mayo, we made bean-filled shaker things and decorated them with streamers, then Avery taught us all a Mexican hat dance and we also danced La Cucaracha. Then we watched "Rango" because it was the closest Mexican-themed kids' show on Netflix (Disney's Los Tres Amigos is not available on streaming, darn it!).
Ole!!
Here comes the sun! For the last couple months, we've had random days of warmth and sunshine. When the sun peeks out, all the neighbor kids come out to play. Our immediate neighbor has a slip n slide that they'll pull out. Here Norah is catching a cool drink.
Memorial Day weekend and an early anniversary trip
Mike and I had a choice this year for our 10 year anniversary between going to Europe or Spokane, WA. We chose Spokane because the sweet potato fries can't be beat! We also chose Spokane because we needed to save money for a downpayment on a new home. But, even though it wasn't the south of France, we had a really nice time. Sandy and Monte generously watched the girls so Mike and I could spend a couple days and a night away. We'd like to bring the kids next time because Spokane has a nice waterfront area on the river with rides and activities. Maybe next year :)
And then we spent Memorial day with the Walkers. Roasting s'mores, so fun!
June!
As part of a trip down to Seattle to scope out neighborhoods for a new house, we stopped and had lunch at Gas Works Park. This is a fun park I've posted on before that is reclaimed factory they've turned into a park on the water. So pretty with all the ground flowers.
Everett Sorticulture (no I didn't mispell that) Fair
The girls and I ventured out last weekend to the Everett horticulture fair (called sorticulture, don't know why). The girls were SUCH good sports. We tried to park and catch a bus, but the bus never showed. So we drove and parked about a quarter mile away from the fair. The two big girls walked it all, there and back like troopers. Once we got there, they painted pots, played on the playground and ate ice cream. It was a beautiful day! (Mike was golfing . . .for work. just so you don't think he's a deadbeat. Okay, you can think that a little . . .just kidding).
2 comments:
I miss you guys so much! The girls are all so beautiful and it looks like you are in full swing of family fun. :) xoxo
A new house? Your house in Lake Stevens is so cute but I'm sure you guys have outgrown it by now. Could I interest you in a move to Utah? Think big houses for cheap with basements to send the kids to when they're being too noisy. ;)
Post a Comment