Friday, October 07, 2011

Negotiating . . .Elliot style.
E: Mom, give me chocolate when I count to three. One . .two . .three . . .
M: Now what?
E: Now I'll count to five. One . ..two. . .three. . .four . . five
M: Hm, now what.
E: Give me chocolate when I count to two. One . . .two . ..
M: How about applesauce.
E: Applesauce will make me sick. See these claws (outstreatches her foot to show me her boot), these claws make me sick with applesauce.
M: Hm, those claws on your boots? What would happen if you eat applesauce?
E: I would die.
M: You would die? How about grapes?
E: Yep, grapes would make me die.
M: Well, it seems like we're stuck.
E: Yep, we're in jail. We're in jail so I need to eat chocolate.
M: Oh . . .okay. (gets Elliot chocolate).

We don't reward whining but I can't resist a good argument. smile.

2 comments:

Cara said...

Ha ha! What a creative kid!

Anna said...

She is too much!!! haha!!