Elliot's first word is "book"! I'm not kidding, it's legit. She pronounces it "kook," but it definitely refers to books. I wonder, in general, how often first words are reflective of later personalities. Avery's first word was "shoes." :)
Averyisms
We were late to the ward Christmas party last night and while wrestling Avery into her winter coat I tugged a little too hard, or something, and Avery wailed "Mom! You're killing my life!" I thought I wasn't supposed to be doing that until she was 12 at least.
We woke up to a fallen Christmas tree and ornament debris all over our front room: crushed glass balls, de-limbed angels. Mike told Avery that the grinch did it, and for the next hour Avery was obsessed with how the grinch got in the house, when exactly he came down from his mountain, etc. She even thought she saw him on our neighbors roof (trying, no doubt, to topple their Christmas tree). We got the tree back upright and most of the ornaments back on again when Avery said "well, at least the grinch didn't break our heart." Both Mike and I were a little stunned and about to marvel at the wisdom of babes when we then saw that she was pointing to a heart ornament. But still, right?!
1 comment:
Oh my gosh, too funny!! I am so sorry about your tree though. That's devastating.
Glad you got in another trip to California. You guys look great!
Post a Comment