Sunday, November 15, 2009

Averyisms

I was driving with the girls in the car and half listening to Avery and half listening to NPR. Avery says "Mom, do you hear me?" "Mmhmm," I say distractedly. "Mom, you're a liar, you didn't hear me. You're a liar mom." Well, what could I say? She was right :)

Those of you who have been reading this blog since its inception might remember that Avery doesn't like it when it's Mike's turn to read books at night. Let me say, quickly, that this is NO reflection on Mike's reading ability. It's a mystery we haven't been able to figure out. Regardless of the reason, though, Avery's new defensive strategy is to tell Mike that he can read to her "tomorrow."

Here's a sweet one: I took Avery to a primary activity on Friday. It was a family birthday night and one of the activities was to ask your child questions and see if you could guess the correct answers. To the question, "What do you want to be when you grow up" Avery's answer was "like my mom!"

3 comments:

Cara said...

She is so funny! I love her little comments!

Heide said...

i just got caught up on your blog. i LOVE the new videos! and i always enjoy the averyisms.

WalkConkies said...

I love all the Averyisms, photos, and the video of Eliot laughing at herself in the mirror. She must be related to Kassi and Andy who both LOVE to make funny faces in the mirror!!! Looks like you guys had LOTS of fun w/ pumpkins