McCall 2009
The annual retreat for family, fun and food. We left last Friday and returned this Wednesday evening. The first couple days were a little rainy, but no worries, instead of the lake we went to some nearby hotsprings and warmed up in the surprisingly odor-free pools. On Sunday we hiked to Lake Josephine to enjoy the stunning views across the Payette National Forest, although Elliot mostly viewed the back of Mike's shirt. We then basked in sunshine at the lake on Monday and Tuesday. I don't have any pictures of skiing this year but there was plenty of that, partly due to Mike's insistence that all the brothers (and any other willing bodies) get up at 7:30am to catch the good water. Thanks to Monte and Sandy for making this such a great family event and for adding five inches to our waistlines.
At the hotsprings. Avery is wearing a pretzeled noodle, just like they do in swimming class.
Mmm, warm water.
Would you like some sand in your hair, madam?

Lake Josephine.
Avery is off and on with wanting to smile for pictures lately.
With cousin Kendal
Mike and Avery's wild tubing adventure with Sydney. I love that Sydney's hair is in mid-flip and Avery is looking equal parts terrified and exhilirated.
Upset that mom isn't allowing sand-eating, her favorite vacation delicacy.
Practicing our balance in the water.
The annual retreat for family, fun and food. We left last Friday and returned this Wednesday evening. The first couple days were a little rainy, but no worries, instead of the lake we went to some nearby hotsprings and warmed up in the surprisingly odor-free pools. On Sunday we hiked to Lake Josephine to enjoy the stunning views across the Payette National Forest, although Elliot mostly viewed the back of Mike's shirt. We then basked in sunshine at the lake on Monday and Tuesday. I don't have any pictures of skiing this year but there was plenty of that, partly due to Mike's insistence that all the brothers (and any other willing bodies) get up at 7:30am to catch the good water. Thanks to Monte and Sandy for making this such a great family event and for adding five inches to our waistlines.
Lake Josephine.
4 comments:
Beautiful! it looks like you guys had a great time! I really like your swimming outfit, you look so skinnny and pretty!I love seeing Elliott see sand again...so funny!
Ok, didn't know you had a blog! So glad I found it!! Looks like you guys had an awesome time!
Looks like a great trip! We should get together soon. :)
Oh man, your kids are sooo cute! I can't wait for thanksgiving...to far away.... :(
Post a Comment