Saturday, August 23, 2008

Avery's party

First, I should mention that I changed the template on the blog because I realized that the template I had was the exact color of a cloudy Washington day. Not a good thing to be experiencing both inside and outside! Not that I can complain; it was SO nice today. Very conveniently too, because Avery had her birthday party today and it was a water party. We had a slip n' slide and pool, etc. etc. It rained yesterday and it's supposed to rain tomorrow, so a big thank you to the powers that be for making it sunny today!
Mike made this castle for the party, complete with a functional drawbridge and turret. It was a big hit!
Some slip n' slide action. I tried to get a picture of Avery going down, but there were some issues with the other kids not waiting their turn so Avery could go, and then Avery taking a long time to get in place, and then getting mad that the other kids were stepping on the slip n' slide while it was her turn. . . it was complicated.


The place of honor. Avery was a little baffled by the fact that she was the only one opening presents and tried to give them out to other kids. To the other kids' dismay, we handed them back to Avery and assured her that they were all for her :)

It got a little crowded around the present area.


The long-awaited Ariel cake. Sorry this picture is so dark - we have issues with our camera. All in all, it was a happy day!

No comments: